EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Wesley Shields was born in Churchhill, Manitoba where he lived (as well as in the Northwest Territories) prior to moving to British Columbia. Wesley spent a number of years in the Fraser Valley where he attended the Fraser Valley College. Mr. Shields also attended Simon Fraser University, Queens University, and the University of British Columbia. While attending University, Mr. Shields obtained a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree, Masters of Public Administration degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree.
Mr. Shields articled in Vancouver and became a Member of the Law Society of British Columbia in 1990 when he was called to the Bar. Mr. Shields has practiced law in the Kelowna area since that time.
Married with two children, Mr Shields also coaches soccer and is active in hockey, golf and outdoor recreational activities.
Mr. Shields’ practice is primarily in the area of Family Law, Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, and Estate Litigation.
Areas of Service
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association - British Columbia Branch - Restorative Justice Working Group committee
- Kelowna Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC (Vice President)
- Provincial Court Family Rules Working Group
- Access to Justice Committee - Canadian Bar Association